Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
199 Blue Hill Road, Hopewell Junction
The house sits on 7.4 acres of land. The original three level house is 'post & beam' construction with original pegged beams extending from front to back.The kitchen has been updated with Kraft Maid Cabinets,has original pegged beams and breakfast nook with closed hearth. A very peaceful area to have coffee and work out your days chores or just relax.Wonderful, warm, old world charm, abounds.Pride of ownership, as well as nostalgia, is throughout this 18th century home.The dining room (originally the living room) with a large non-functioning fireplace has the original wide board floors.There is the original 'Barrel Cabinet' for displaying fine china and crystal.Two glass pocket doors open into the 2004 addition with a 23 x 23 sf. living room, Master bedroom en suite and add'l half bath.The center piece in the living room is a 12 ft. wood panel fire surround, salvaged from the 1785 Cornelius Van Wyck house which stood behind the Hopewell post office.This fire surround is described and pictured in Helen Reynolds 'Historic Houses of the Hudson Valley'.The fireplace is functional and surrounded by Dutch tiles.The view from the sliding glass doors looks down the fields and onto Hosner Mountain.A separate cottage apartment is on the east wing of the house, circa 1800 and updated in 2003. It consists of a kitchen/dining area and living room on the first floor.The kitchen cabinets are Hickory.The living room contains the original open fire hearth with an offset Dutch oven.A winding staircase leads to the upper floor where there is a new large bathroom with shower and bedroom with original wood floors,beams and a private deck overlooking the barn and horse pasture.Heated Detached 2 car garage with 2nd furnace.And the list goes on for this fabulous, updated, 18th century home.
- MLS® #4923438
- Full Baths3
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage4,030
- Year Built1790
- TypeSingle Family
- StyleFarm House, Other/See Remarks
- Amenities1st Fl Master Bedroom, Barn, Cathedral/Vaulted/High Ceiling, Close to School, Close to Shops, Deck, Eat in Kitchen, Formal Dining Room, Granite Countertops, Hardwood Floors As Seen, Laundry Room/Private, Legal Accessory Apartment, Master Bath, Mountain Views, Pantry, Porch, Powder Room, Privacy, View, Walk Out Basement, Wall To Wall Carpet, Horse Property, Stable/Paddock
- FeaturesDryer, Garage Door Opener, Generator, Oven/Range, Wall to Wall Carpet, Washer, Water Conditioner Owned
- Parking2 Car Attached, Driveway
- ExteriorBrick, Cedar
- ConstructionFrame, Post and Beam
- Listing OfficeBhhs Hudson Valley Properties
- Address199 Blue Hill Road
- AreaEast Fishkill
- CityHopewell Junction
- Zip Code12533
- HeatingForced Air, Radiant, Hydro Air
- Has BasementYes
- BasementPartially Finished, Walk Out
- # of Stories2
- MiddleVan Wyck
- HighJohn Jay
The data relating to real estate for sale or lease on this web site comes in part from HGMLS. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Monroe Realty Center. Inc are marked with the HGMLS logo or an abbreviated logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing broker.
Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
© 2019 Hudson Gateway Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.
Listing information last updated on November 12th, 2019 at 5:28am EST.