Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
375 Nanny Hagen Road, Thornwood
A once-a-decade opportunity to own a Grand Victorian home on a park-like acre. This elegant manor house was built in 1862 as the original homestead of Charles Purdy, and was later the home of noted children’s author, Helen Kay. This sunny, eight-bedroom, three-story house boasts an arched Mansard slate roof, dormer windows, pedimented two-story bay windows, double doors and a balustraded wraparound veranda; hardwood floors throughout, gourmet eat-in kitchen with commercial-grade Thermador range and Sub-Zero refrigerator, upgraded bathrooms, formal dining room, parlor with Jotul wood stove, and a spacious living room with crown moldings and marble fireplace. This south-facing home is nestled in a secluded tree-lined neighborhood yet is only 3 minutes to shopping and 5 minutes to Metro-North. Pool site. Low taxes. Taxes do not reflect Star Savings in the amount of $1577. On town water, sewer and natural gas. And more...
- MLS® #4927229
- Full Baths2
- Half Baths2
- Square Footage4,490
- Year Built1862
- TypeSingle Family
- AmenitiesCathedral/Vaulted/High Ceiling, Close to Bus, Close to Park, Close to Railroad, Close to School, Close to Shops, Eat in Kitchen, Fenced Yard, Formal Dining Room, Foyer, Granite Countertops, Hardwood Floors As Seen, Laundry Room/Private, Master Bath, Near Public Transportation, Pantry, Patio, Porch, Powder Room, Privacy, Storage, Walk In Closet, Walk Out Basement
- FeaturesA/C Units, Curtains/Drapes, Dishwasher, Door Hardware, Dryer, Light Fixtures, Mailbox, Microwave, Oven/Range, Playset, Refrigerator, Second Refrigerator, Shades/Blinds, Washer, Woodburning Stove
- ExteriorClap Board
- Lot DescriptionLevel
- Listing OfficeHoulihan Lawrence Inc.
- Address375 Nanny Hagen Road
- AreaMount Pleasant
- Zip Code10594
- HeatingHot Water, Radiator
- Has BasementYes
- BasementFull, Walk Out
- # of Fireplaces2
- # of Stories3
- DistrictMount Pleasant
The data relating to real estate for sale or lease on this web site comes in part from HGMLS. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Monroe Realty Center. Inc are marked with the HGMLS logo or an abbreviated logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing broker.
Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
© 2019 Hudson Gateway Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.
Listing information last updated on August 21st, 2019 at 10:58pm EDT.